Friday, October 24, 2008

Cobb Salad

Every time I make this, I wonder why I don't do so more often. My children even loved it when I made it a couple weeks ago.

Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
Tomato, diced
Carrot, grated
Cucumber, sliced
Avocado, diced
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Turkey, chopped
Cheddar cheese, grated
Hard boiled eggs (1 per person)
Croutons
Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing

Toss first four ingredients together. Arrange remaining ingredients in bowls or on a plate. People can assemble their salad with what they like on it, and the leftover cheese, avocado, and croutons won't go bad in any leftover salad. Other optional ingredients: thin slices red onion, corn, celery, etc.

1 comment:

  1. WOWEE Kristin!! You are on a roll tonight!
    Thanks for posting all these awesome recipes. I will DEFINITELY be utilizing this blog often when I am up at college, and cooking more!

    ReplyDelete