Wednesday, November 19, 2008

BBQ Chicken Pizza

This has been a family favorite since a friend brought it to us after our first child was born. When we lived in CA, I made it using Claim Jumper BBQ Sauce (because I could buy it at the grocery store) and Gouda cheese (that I bought from Trader Joe's). Now, I use KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce and mozzarella cheese.

1 pizza crust (Boboli or any pre-made crust works. I make crust in my breadmaker and cook it for about 6 minutes before topping it.)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1/2-1 cup BBQ sauce, divided
red onion, thinly sliced
fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
2 cups mozzarella or Gouda cheese

Toss the chicken with 1/4-1/2 cup BBQ sauce to coat. Spread remaining sauce over cooked crust. Top with chicken, cilantro, red onion, and cheese. Bake at 400 for 12-17 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden.

1 comment:

  1. I have cooked the chicken for this in the crock pot with bbq sauce. And we add mushrooms to ours! Fabulous recipe!!

    ReplyDelete